- Membership Wristbands are required for entry into FAIRFAX COMIC CON and must be visible at all times. Wristbands are non-replaceable, non-refundable, and non-transferable.
- Acceptance of a Membership Wristband constitutes consent to the use of the wearer’s image or likeness in any recording, transmission, or reproduction for use by FAIRFAX COMIC CON.
- Failure to comply with the published rules of FAIRFAX COMIC CON, including disruptive or inappropriate behavior, will result in the revocation of Membership and ejection from FAIRFAX COMIC CON. FAIRFAX COMIC CON may revoke membership and eject anyone from the convention at anytime for any reason without a refund.
- Follow requests and directions of FAIRFAX COMIC CON, Facility, and Convention Staff.
- FAIRFAX COMIC CON, and the Dulles Expo Center (DEC),are not responsible for personal items. Unattended and lost items will be turned over to proper authorities (Convention Center Management).
- Appropriate attire is required at all times, including shoes, pants/shorts/skirts, and shirts/tops.
- Each event room has limited space and seating. Seating is not guaranteed to any persons. Standing room is allowed only at the discretion of FAIRFAX COMIC CON Staff.
- Lining up is permitted no earlier than one half hour prior for general events, and 30 minutes prior to autograph sessions.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol is only permitted in designated locations.
- Smoking is only permitted within designated locations outside the buildings.
- Theft, assault, drug use, and other illegal activities will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Discrimination and/or harassment of any form will not be tolerated.
- Do not hinder or obstruct the flow of foot traffic within the convention area.
- Individuals may be asked to remove large or unwieldy bags, props, or other accessories from the convention areas.
- Question or concerns should be brought to FAIRFAX COMIC CON staff at either the Info Desk, or Registration Customer Service.
- Flyers are welcome but are limited to your area. No “barking” or aggressive promoting please.
COSPLAY PROP POLICY
We want a SAFE environment for ALL attendees so don’t bring anything that could hurt someone.
- Real weapons are banned in the convention areas, regardless if they are functional or not.
- No explosives or fireworks.
- No loud stereos, horns, or whistles.
- All prop weapons must be inspected each time you enter the building.
- Any item found to violate city, state, or federal law may not be returned at the discretion of the Police Department.
- FAIRFAX COMIC CON Security cannot approve a prop prior to the convention
- Members who do not comply with this policy or are deemed repeat offenders will be subject to removal from FAIRFAX COMIC CON.
- Foam and cardboard weapons are acceptable. Prop firearms are allowed provided they have bright tips. Prop bows must have arrows without sharp tips.
Fairfax Comic Con is committed to fostering an atmosphere where fans can count on a safe, inclusive, and rewarding comic-con experience. Our show is meant to be an inclusive space for fans, with a zero-tolerance policy against harassment, groping, stalking, and inappropriate photography.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Harassment of any kind is unwelcome at Fairfax Comic Con and will not be tolerated. Violation of this policy will result in removal from the event.
Should you feel like you are being harassed, please find the nearest staff member so that a report can be made.
- Alcohol and illegal substances.
- Wheeled items (excluding mobility assistance devices), including but not limited to:
- Revealing and/or offensive attire. As a general rule, if you can’t wear it at the beach, don’t wear it here.
- Weapons of any kind.